You may have heard the rumours and we can confirm they are true. You can now easily switch mobile providers without any hassle whatsoever – winning!
In the past you would have needed to call your current network provider in order to leave or change to a different network. With often aggressive retention teams and being intermittently put on hold and passed around a call centre, it was always a hard call to have… Let’s be honest, a break-up of any kind is never enjoyable, right? But stress no more, now all it takes to switch is a simple free text!
“The need to speak to a provider can be one of the main factors stopping people switching” – Ofcom 2019
How does auto-switch/text to switch work?
Thanks to Ofcom stepping in, from July 1st 2019 you won’t even have to speak to anyone to allow you to switch. You will just need to follow these simple steps:
- To switch but keep your existing phone number text “PAC” to 65075.
- Your current mobile provider will respond back to you via text.
- You will then be sent a switching PAC code which will only be valid for 30 days (after that time you’ll need to start the process again), so use it before you lose it!
- Your current provider’s reply will also include important information letting you know about any early contract termination fees and outstanding balances or credit you may have on your account.
- You will then be able to take the PAC code to your new provider, and this new company will arrange for the switch to happen.
- If you are not concerned with keeping your current mobile number you can text “STAC” to 75075 to request a service termination authorisation code.
It really is that simple to auto-switch. This new process will make it quicker and easier for you to leave your mobile provider.
Thinking of switching to Superdrug Mobile?
Amazing! We’d love to have you as part of our crew. Simply follow the steps above and get in touch via the web chat with your PAC code at the ready. We’ll then be able to easily switch you over, yay! Learn more about our mobile plan including unlimited calls and texts, plus 4GB of data.